Thursday 14 August 2014

Thank You, Dr. Colin Campbell For Opening My Eyes!

Hello Everyone,

Hope you have enjoyed your summer. Despite the weather, this summer has been a summer full of memorable moments with family and friends, a summer full of collages made by my son Joseph capturing each special moment, and a summer of enlightenment, of me having a "lightbulb" moment that will affect me from this moment on...

Thank you, Dr. Colin Campbell for opening my eyes! Thank you once again to my husband for introducing me to such a remarkable man! I want you to know right now that I am not a medical professional, nor am I someone like, "Denise Minger", I'm a private school teacher who has always taught her students to be  "the best possible person they can be!" I've taught them many important life skills, one being, making them aware of the importance of proper nutrition!

I first learned about Dr. Campbell while watching the documentary, "Forks over Knives." At first I was close minded like most people are, but as I watched other interviews from Dr. Campbell, and other doctors such as Dr. Furhman, Dr. McDougall, Dr. Esselstyn, and many others, it became clear to me and made sense what all these doctors were saying, "That animal products cause diseases such as cancer, heart disease, diabetes, depression, and autoimmune diseases!"

Did I jump in right away? Hell no! I'm Italian! I like homemade sausage, meatballs, cured meats....

I fought my husband every step of the way, telling him I'm not a restaurant! I'm not going to make different meals for our family...

But then something happened...

My husband starting losing weight and I wasn't! That made me mad! So I thought I will try this whole food plant-based diet and see...

Guess what? I started to lose weight and effortlessly! I was still eating meat and dairy products but in smaller portions until 3 days ago when I decided to try it cold turkey...at my parents' home up North!

My dad's garden!
Judging from this garden, do you think I would have any trouble finding anything plant-based here? No GMO food in this garden! My challenge was not outside but inside...my family! Remember...I'm Italian! I've been told at the dinner table that if I talk anymore about the benefits of eating whole and plant-based foods and why animal products are bad for us, I will be force fed chicken!

Not kidding! They have realized now that I am serious about this lifestyle change!

Listen, who am I to tell you what to do? I'm not a doctor, but these guys are! Dr. Colin Campbell has dedicated over 40 years researching how food affects the human body!

Don't take my word for it! Go on the internet, search the above-named doctors, and watch the movie!

What do you have to lose? Except the excess weight you've been trying to lose for a long time and failed!

What do you have to gain? Optimal health, improve your quality of life, live disease free and maybe out live most of your friends and family...

I plan to...

And so should you!

I plan to spread the word and educate those who will listen, beginning with my family! My kids already eat a variety of plant-based foods. I've given them the facts to decide for themselves one day!

In the meantime, I will do what I love most...cook! I decide what goes in their mouth for now...
Gluten free veggie lasagna. Kids loved it!
Brown rice, chick pea, and cabbage pilaf!

Stuffed zucchini from my dad's garden, no meat!

Choose a fork over a knife and feel better!

God Bless,

Sandra Perri



No comments:

Post a Comment