Saturday 20 July 2013

Bake Me Happy!


Hello, Everyone!

I would like to share my passion with you! Baking!

Have you ever met someone who didn't enjoy baking, or eating something homemade? Of course not! Like I mentioned in my first post, we need to surround ourselves with things and people that inspire us, that give us passion, that give us a purpose in life!

I found my passion with the help of Pinterest. Thank you, Pinterest for inspiring me to discover this passion that already existed. I found the recipes below (follow link) on Pinterest and spent countless hours reading comments and suggestions from people like you and I and discovered many recipes that have now become family traditions!

I discovered over the past months that baking is an art, a creation, an expression of oneself. I felt my love of baking in everything I created, in every piece of dough I kneaded, in every cookie I rolled, and in every cake I frosted! It's an indescribable feeling that I get after baking, equal to how you feel after you exercise, or when you see the joy of learning ignited in a child for the very first time! These feel-good endorphins are released in your body and make you feel like you can accomplish anything and overcome any obstacle!

The first time my nephew ate cake without eggs was a moment to cherish forever! This picture says it all!

"I can eat cake now!"Depression Cake: sweetlittlebluebird.com

I love that I can put a smile on someone's face, that I can bake someone's favorite dessert. These cream puffs were made for my uncle while he was in the hospital. The joy on his face was worth the many attempts to get this recipe right! I hope to bake these 'little pieces of heaven' for him when he fully recovers!

Cream Puffs with Mascarpone Cream & Bailey's recipenewz.com decorated by my son!

Seeing the look in many childrens' eyes and their mouths opening wide in anticipation of these yummy treats! Words can not describe this moment!

Mexican Wedding Cookies! from Hanielas.com

My first attempt at making a specialty cake for the love of my life! The look on his face after his first bite ignited my passion for baking and cooking!

Italian Cream Cheese Cake  lynn-southernwithatwist.blogspot.com

Finding something that inspires us, that gives us passion, allows us to live a fulfilled life surrounded by  loved ones, who share in our joys and sorrows.

Sharing stories around the dinner table, stories of the past, stories of the future, sharing food made from loving hands, recipes shared from the past for future generations to enjoy. Passing down family values and traditions that will last a lifetime, instilling strong family ties from one generation to the next...



Zebra Cake: recipebyphoto.com, I used Depression cake recipe!

Banana Cake bakeorbreak.com

"Bake someone happy" and take a picture in your mind that will last a lifetime...inspiring you to be the 'best possible' person you can be!

Life is short...make it count!

Enjoy,

Sandra










No comments:

Post a Comment