Saturday 13 July 2013

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly!

Hello, everyone!

The good, the bad, and the ugly...wasn't that a great movie? Thanks to my big brother, I watched every guy movie growing up!

We all have loved ones, friends, acquaintances, and random people who bring these wonderful traits out in us.

How do you deal with the good, the bad, and the ugly days of everyday life? The good days are 'easy peezy lemon squeezey' as we often say in my classroom. It's the bad and the ugly days that often make you scratch your head and wonder if you handled that situation properly.

Family is Love
Life is what you make it! The people in our lives determine how we live our life and what decisions we make.  Like I said in my last post, "you are only going to be as good as the people you surround yourself with...so get rid of those who make you feel bad?

Aren't the people who are the closest to us often the people who treat us the worst? Why is that? So, do we get rid of them? Do we cut ties with family or friends who bring the worst out in us, who make us feel bad?

No...of course not or sometimes...depending on the person!
Family is everything, remember? Or is it? When we have a heated argument with someone, whether a family member or a friend, how does it usually end? You say or do  things that are hurtful, sometimes unforgivable...right? What happens next? Do days pass before you speak to one another?

How strong are your family ties, your relationship with the closest people in your life?

I have strong family ties...sometimes so strong that it's suffocating...but that's okay...do you know why? Because I am surrounded by love...love from my parents...more than I realize, love from my children...who love me no matter what, love from my husband...God he must really love me with all my daily 'drama' moments! Love from my lil' sis who often has to give my 'head a shake' and make me see the whole picture...and love from so many other family members and friends!

I had an ugly day the other day that has left me sleepless at night and feeling not so proud of myself. Guess what? I AM HUMAN! And so are you. We are allowed to have bad and sometimes ugly days. There is a reason for our actions and reactions. Maybe stress from work or home, a sick loved one, a failed marriage...whatever the reason, we tend to take it out on the closest people in our lives!

Not acceptable...but we do it anyway! This is learned behavour that has been instilled in us from childhood. We learn from example, though this is not something we want to pass onto our children.
Can we change this behavour? It depends on the person. Once you accept that your parents or grandparents are set in their ways, then the rest is up to you. Change the reaction, diffuse the argument, be the better person and walk away before it gets out of control. It is possible, but difficult!

"Learn to love without condition.  Talk without bad intention.  Give without any reason.  And most of all, care for people without any expectation." #inspiring #inspirationWith strong family ties and close friendships comes love, respect, and most of all, forgiveness. We forgive the ones we love because we know they are human and are allowed to have bad and sometimes ugly days. Once we realize that saying and doing hurtful things towards the people we love is unacceptable, we begin to fill our days  with wonderful memories and share moments that will last a lifetime.

The good, the bad, the good again, sometimes ugly but less often...the cup is only half full, following the path you are meant to follow...

Love lives here...surround yourself in it and count your blessings!

Enjoy,

Sandra






No comments:

Post a Comment