Friday 4 October 2013

Let Us Be Thankful!

Hello Everyone,

With just over a week before Thanksgiving, we are all busy making plans for this long anticipated family holiday. This holiday in particular is extra sweet for me since it's the only time when our whole family is together! Nine grandchildren under the same roof! Can life get any better? Nope! This is when family traditions are started and lasting memories are made. One tradition that I look forward to yearly is when my brother tries to pick up the boys at the same time. They are 12 now and both over 100lbs, but my brother can still lift them up! Maybe he should try to lift them up this year before we eat our Thanksgiving meal.


Be thankful poemWhat are you thankful for? I am thankful for the obvious, my children, my husband, my parents, my siblings, my friends, and my extended family. I am thankful for my health and the health of the ones I love and care for. I am thankful for all of God's creations. I am thankful to have found my calling in life and that I've had the privilege to inspire and shape the mind's of over 400 children, thus far. I am thankful for my grandparents who shaped me into the woman I am today. I am thankful to be one of the many this weekend who will run for a great cause: to end breast cancer forever! Breast cancer has touched all of our lives in one way or another. Maybe directly, or maybe a family or friend has had a difficult journey which they won or sadly lost. I am thankful for today's technology and the ability to catch this form of cancer in its earliest stages.  

Next weekend, begin a new tradition of asking each family member what they are thankful for and count your blessings! I am sure that if you look closely, you will find plenty to be thankful for.

I know I will!

God Bless,

Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment