Sunday 20 October 2013

Rome Wasn't Built In A Day!

Hello Everyone,

Sorry it took so long to publish this post. I realized this weekend that I need to start making a realistic plan. There are not enough hours in the day to complete everything I need to do. I've decided to divide my wants from my needs and come up with a weekly plan of what I need to do and what I want to do. Sometimes, the need to do's go right out the window when unexpected things happen in life, which happens very often.

Planning to do something is easier said than done! Lately, I find myself setting very small goals for myself so I don't lose my motivation to do all the things on my 'want to do' list. The 'need to do' list is everything you need to do on a weekly basis (clean the house, laundry, and grocery shopping), all of which are not rewarding.

Don't sweat the small stuff.My 'want to do' list takes a little more strategic planning. I want to try a new recipe on a weekly basis. I have to say that I am mighty proud of this accomplishment. Last weekend, I made cabbage rolls, pumpkin cheesecake, and cranberry sauce from scratch. My family loved everything, particularly my brother. A compliment from him means a lot since he works in the food industry and my sister-in-law can start her own cooking channel from all the amazing dishes she makes.

So, what happens if I can't accomplish everything on my 'want to do' list? Nothing! I often tell myself, 'Rome wasn't built in a day', so get over it! And, so should you. We need to prioritize what's important and what's not.  We need to accept that not everything will get done and that's okay. It will get done eventually...

Take a deep breath when things are too hard and you feel overwhelmed. If you're lucky like me, you have a wonderful spouse who balances you and always finds a way to make everything better. I have learned to see life through his eyes and realize that sweating the small stuff is a waste of time and takes up too much energy.

The road to fulfillment is around the corner. Put yourself in fifth gear and enjoy the ride!

Cheers,

Sandra


No comments:

Post a Comment