Sunday 24 November 2013

Strength In Numbers!

Hello everyone,

It's been a week of reflection, of wondering how to make a difference when all seems helpless. I recently discovered that a member of my family has an incurable disease. When I heard the news, I was left feeling numb and dumbfounded, unable to process what I was just told!

I quickly did what every person does when they don't have a clue about something...I googled it! I tried to learn everything I could about this disease and discovered that even though we haven't found a cure, all is not hopeless.

I believe that every person has a mindset, that every person deals with life's unexpected events in different ways. Those of us who view the cup as half empty, are quick to give up, admit defeat, and have no hope for the future...I am this way, but I also have many people in my life that I go to, that say all the right things when tragedy strikes, lift me up, and tell me that everything will work  out. Strength in numbers!

I decided that I could do something, even though there isn't a cure for ALS yet! I decided to send a message to all my fam and friends about my idea. I want to start a team, raise money and awareness for this debilitating disease, and give hope to those who are living with ALS right now! I couldn't believe the response I got and look forward to walking 5 km with everyone in June.

Family and friends give us strength when bad things happen to us. I am blessed to have an amazing group of people in my life and count my blessings daily! With the recent addition to our family, I feel more blessed than ever. I have someone else I can lean on when I am not strong, someone who knows what to say and what to do when all hope is gone!

This season is a season of new beginnings, of counting my blessings, of laughing more and complaining less, of sharing old stories and making new memories with family and friends!

An interesting quote to keep in mind! #quotes #cancerGod Bless,

Sandra













No comments:

Post a Comment